Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6, 2012

It's been awhile.....

When I think about the fact that I used to update this blog with funny stories, venting, and pouring my heart out, I wonder how I've made it through so long without updating,  then I remembered....  facebook.  and wine.  and good friends.  and wine.

Growing up as a child of an alcoholic, I was programmed at some point of my life to believe that all alcohol is bad.  It's the root of all evil.  And while I will acknowledge that it is the root of some evils (to be fair , the fun evils...) as I've gotten older I've realized, that truly it's operator error. 

I've often joked that having a few not only makes me feel more social, it also makes me funnier, stronger, prettier, and a much better dancer.  What I have missed all along is that it also magically turns everyone else funnier, stronger, and better looking.  So from now on, if I decide to partake in a few glasses of wine, or beer, or a pina colada or 5,  I think I'll chalk it up to just making the company I am with more interesting... 

Cheers to the weekend.




No comments: