Tuesday, July 1, 2008

zzzzzzzzzzzz............

I love to sleep. Is that weird? I love naps. I've always been a napper, I mean I'm sure that there was a point in time in my life when I didn't nap, but I know that I started life out napping, and I have been since high school.

Now I obviously can't nap every day. In the summer time, unless I catch a random Sunday that is free, I can't nap at all. But, oh do I miss it.

When I worked outside the house, I would go in an unused room, and sleep on my lunch hour. Most days anyway. My co-workers were very tolerant of that, and my friend Tracy would wake me up each day about 10 minutes before my lunch was over, so I could collect myself, & go back to work.

All too many times I've had the experience of falling into a pretty deep sleep, and waking up disoriented, like thinking that it's morning when its not, or thinking that I've missed the kids getting off the bus, and that thay've had to go back to the bus garage with the driver & I am being declared an unfit parent. For a fleeting moment, I curse my napping. But then I realize that it's only 2:00, and that I have only been napping an hour, and it's alright.

When I think about the toughest thing about being a parent, and I don't mean the emotional stuff, just the day to day things, are their clothes all clean? did they eat? are they bathed? ............. for me the toughest thing was always that I couldn't just lay on the couch & doze off for a half hour if I felt like it.

I wish I wasn't a napper, I would definately be able to put an extra hour to better use. But it's just who I am. If I don't nap, I don't sleep as good at night. But mostly I love it love it love it.

Two of my friends are nappers. Just like me. Difference is that they are not ashamed. So that's what I'm trying to do here. I'm coming out..............

I nap. I deserve it. That's all.

p.s. next week I am off, and I'm shooting for 4 out of 7 days, I'll let you know how it works out.

2 comments:

Amie said...

Well, Did you make 4 days?

I love to nap too. And yes especially when it is raining or thundering. It makes it seem so much better. My favorite thing to do is nap with my son. Cause he will always nap with me. We seem to nap better together. Would that be co-napping? Either way, it is nice.
My only problem is I could nap as soon as I get up in the morning. I find myself most mornings dosing off with my coffee in my hand while my son watches his morning cartoons.

Although I hate to say it.............

I REALLY NEED TO STOP NAPPING and get to bed earlier. ugh. LOL

Anonymous said...

well neen, whenver you need me to go back to the old days and give you a call to wake you up I will be more than happy to. Love ya, Tracy