Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Learning........

I think that maybe I have always loved learning. I was definitely particular on the things I like to learn about... it was never algebra or chemistry. It's a shame how many times a day I use those skills in real life....................... I should have paid more attention.

But just about everything else interests me.

Especially people......Sometimes after a conversation someone has had with me, I wonder if they feel like they have just been interrogated. I certainly like to know about a person, and if there is ever a subject that someone would be an authority on, it would be themselves and their own life history. I genuinely like people. Most people. Some are grouchy, but I try. I ask questions.

I like learning about our history. And other people's history. And religion. And how things are made. And how things work. Luckily television is perfectly suited to my tastes. The history channel, discovery channel ...... I don't know what happened last night on "ugly betty", or on "the amazing race" , but I do know what historians believed happened to the ancient Mayans. I might not spell Mayans correctly, but I know how they lived.

There are other things that I never wanted to learn about. Like loss, disappointment, and heartbreak. Emotional struggles, financial struggles, physical struggles.

I guess that they make us a part of who we are as much as our genetic make-up.

I have not had it tough. But I have experienced. Maybe a lot less than some, maybe a lot more than some.

I'm not interesting enough to be on the history channel one day, I haven't done enough, experienced enough, or learned enough.

But with each day there is a new experience, and something new to learn. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

No comments: