Saturday, November 10, 2007

Santa Claus is coming to town.........

Did you know that Santa is coming to all the Malls today ? Wegmans has had the old video store decked out in Christmas trees since a few weeks before Halloween. Even the dollar store, had Halloween products right next to Christmas ones, before Halloween.

This really causes a rise in some people. Not me. I love Christmas. Peace & Goodwill towards all men.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but with the excitement & anticipation I find myself just a little more patient, just a little bit nicer, and just a little bit friendlier. I also find that the majority of people are the same way.

Now, I acknowledge the crowds, the parking, and carrying my coat plus Libby's, plus Samantha's, and a purse through the overheated mall. I wish Libby would go back in a stroller, at least there was a coat rack then...........

But then instead of thinking of the crowds, and people in such a hurry, I think of it as the hustle and bustle of the season. All of those people at the mall, toys r us, wal-mart, target where have you, are out buying for christmas/ hannakah / kwanza or whatever holiday season they celebrate. They are buying gifts. For other people.

It's the season of giving. Giving isn't always easy. Giving gifts or giving your time, not always easy. But isn't it great?

So if someone wants to set up early, go ahead !!!!

I think we are all just a little bit of a better person come holiday time.

How can that be a bad thing?

Merry Christmas to All and to all a Happy November 10. :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

and a Happy November 14th to you.
Love, Mom